The Crisis Pad, Adults Mental Health Service
What is the Crisis Pad?
The Crisis Pad is a safe place for people aged 18 and above from Hull and East Riding who are experiencing emotional crisis or distress and who require a safe, calm environment to aid their recovery.
Working in partnership
Humber NHS Foundation Trust and Humbercare are working in partnership to support adults in providing a sanctuary for when experiencing a mental health crisis.
The aims of the service are to:
- Improve support for people experiencing a mental health crisis out of hours;
- Support crisis resolution through brief treatment interventions and techniques that will deliver self-care;
- Reduce the number of hospital admissions due to the lack of alternative support out of hours;
- Reduce the use of emergency services, including A&E, by providing an alternative safe place for people in distress.
The Crisis Pad is staffed by qualified practitioners, assistants and volunteers and located within:
St Andrews Place
271 St Georges Road
Tel: 01482 301701
6pm to 2am, seven days a week
Referrals to the Crisis Pad
To access the Crisis Pad a referral must come from the Mental Health Response Service (Tel: 01482 301701)
Carers and family members
The service welcomes and provides advice and support to carers and family members who are providing support to the person in crisis.
What to expect
When you arrive at the Crisis Pad you will be greeted by a friendly member of the team.
- Communal lounge with a TV, DVD, music and board games.
- Showering facilities.
- Three individual therapy rooms.
- Hot and cold drinks.
- Light snacks.
- Our team will provide you with:
- signposting to other agencies;
- emotional support;
- support to help yourself in a crisis;
- self-help booklets;
- an appointment for a daytime follow up;
- a holistic approach to your situation;
- a friendly and welcoming environment;
- one-to-one time and group therapy.
For further information regarding this service please contact the manager on 01482 586633
For access to a leaflet detailing the service please follow this link